Camp Half Blood Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A break, for once

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A break, for once Empty A break, for once

Post by Jaxsor Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:13 pm

I was ready to have my lunch break. I didn't like walking away from my life's work, not at all, but I had to eat and drink, simple survival. I sighed as I looked at the blueprints I had for the top half. The HUD would be difficult, with the resources I had. I decided to save it for later.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

A break, for once Empty Re: A break, for once

Post by Liberty Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Kylie skipped into the mess hall happily and looked around. She noticed a guy looking at blueprints and walked over to him briskly. "Hello. I'm Kylie, Daughter of Aphrodite. Who are you?" she asked with a sweet smile.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:21 pm

I was surprised someone would come talk to me, no one ever did. Everyone left me to my work. I said, "I'm Derek Noble, son of Hephaestus." I looked at my blueprints once more, blueprints for the HUD design, integrated OS voice, my hopes and dreams.

OOC: Derek's work is a well-known thing. Just something to consider.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:23 pm

"Oh right! I thought I recognized you! What are you working on?" she asked, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:27 pm

I said with a twinkle of pride, "My life's work, a robotic suit that acts as armor for a demigod, with a very large Celestial Bronze Sword to act as a weapon. Still a work in progress. The legs are done, arms are nearly done, but the torso is the challenge." I was on a roll explaining it, finally someone who cared about my life's dedication.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Kylie watched in amazement as Derek explained his work. She wasn't one for battle but this was very interesting. "Wow.. So what are you going to do about the torso?" she asked.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:35 pm

I replied, "I...I don't know just yet. I know I need an OS for the Heads Up Display. Preferably one with a voice. I also need to integrate that into the suit if I can even manage to get it." I wondered why Kylie was so interested in my work, mostly out of curiosity. What made it so interesting to her?

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:36 pm

"Wow. The way you explain this.. Just makes it so cool!" she said happily. "Tell me more, please?" She looked at him hopefully.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:41 pm

I said, "There really isn't a lot more to explain. I have the Celestial Bronze necessary for the sword, and it's nearly done, to the point where I've made the magnetic grips on each hand, clamping the sword tightly so as not to lose it easily. The grips can be activated for one hand at a time, user preference. It can be switched easily, so ambidextrous demigods can pull off some nice moves with it. That's pretty much all of it." I was telling the truth as well. It wasn't hard to grasp at all, but it was hard to actually execute.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Kylie giggled. "You say such big words." she said. "How do you know all of them?" She rested her elbow on the table and leaned her chin on her hand, her eyes focused on him.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:49 pm

I said, "It just comes with my line of work. Intelligence and competence are vital to being an engineer." It was what my mother always told me. She also told me my first priority in life was to do something noteworthy, like jumpstart a new line of machine, build something, something like that. This girl's interest was...odd to me, but welcome.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Kylie smiled. "So what else do you do?" she asked, looking him over a bit. "I've heard rumors that you never leave your work." she said.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:57 pm

I said, "The rumors are true, my work is my life. I have to do something people will remember, something that starts with me. This is a perfect opportunity. I create this prototype, start working on a finished model, then someone else picks up where I left off. I'd be known as the one who started the idea of a mechanized suit." I couldn't believe I'd just poured that all out. I'd just told her everything there was to know about my goals.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:59 pm

"But what about socializing. No will remember you if you don't make yourself known. All you'll be known as is the kid who started a cool robo-suit. Not Derek Noble, inventor of the first ever Demigod Robo Suit."
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:04 am

I responded, "First comes my prototype. That is my top priority. Socializing is for after that. The prototype is the starting point, the beginning of something great."

OOC: I could see a plotline where Kylie tries to get Derek to socialize more. Maybe even where she tries to get him together with someone, maybe even herself. Of course, Derek is resistant to the idea. For now though, I must go to sleep. Good night!

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:06 am

"But come on!! Nobody will no your name!" she exclaimed.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:35 am

I said, "They'll remember it when I'm done. I'm only socializing when the prototype is finished, when I've made my mark on this camp's future."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:42 am

Kylie sighed and tried to think of a way to convince him.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:57 am

I sighed at the thoughts she was trying to give me. What point would socializing serve, really? Nothing but a distraction.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:15 pm

"Okay, think about this. How will people know you built the prototype if you don't talk to people about it as your working on it. Like you're doing with me!" Kylie exclaimed.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:04 pm

I said, "They'll know when I test it. It isn't the most subtle thing."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Kylie crossed her arms. "Okay. I see. You're not the social type. I can change that." she said stubbornly. "I will change that."
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:39 pm

I said, "Don't make a promise you can't keep. Never make a promise you can't keep. I'm doing exactly what my mother has told me, and there is no way you'd ever get me to go against that." Then I realized I'd just given her everything to know about me in that one sentence. Great...this was why I never talked to people, I gave things away too easily.

OOC: I say now she tries to keep him there, maybe through a hug.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:07 pm

"I don't make promises I can't keep. I'm sorry Derek, but you're stuck with me." she said before getting up and walking over to his side of the table. She slipped her arms around him in a hug.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:14 pm

I had no doubts in my mind now, she was almost surely attracted to me. Problem was, I had no time for such things. I let her hug me for the moment. No need to rush to break free.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum