Camp Half Blood Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derek's workshop

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Derek's workshop Empty Derek's workshop

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Here it was, my second home. I came into it, walking past my crossbow turret with...motion sensors. That was the idea of the HUD. A motion tracker, to stop surprise attacks. It had taken me two months to make the sensors on the turret work, this would likely take three. First, though, I had to finish the torso chassis.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Derek's workshop Empty Re: Derek's workshop

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Kylie followed after Derek quietly. She looked around a bit in wonder and amazement.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:35 pm

I decided to work on the tracker, using the OS I'd planned to use for the turret. I made it display on a huge holographic monitor, then it detected something. I looked, and saw Kylie. I said, "You followed me here, what is it that you want?"

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:28 pm

"Can't a girl be curious and sneakily follow a guy to his workshop to inspect the one thing that could possibly kill her in said workshop?" Kylie asked in one breath. She crossed her arms. "I'm a curious girl. And I told you that you're stuck with me."
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:31 pm

I said, "Well, now you've seen my life's work in its fullest. It's what I've been building from the ground up since I got here, every single day. Now you know why I can't socialize, I've come too far to give up now."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:33 pm

"You don't have to give up to socialize. Just take a break every now and then." she said softly.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:35 pm

I said, "And what if people want to spend a lot of time with me, and I have to make a choice. That's not a choice I want to make."

OOC: I think a kiss is going to be cute here. It will also get them into the conversation about Derek's lack of romantic pursuits.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:42 pm

"I want to spend a lot of time with you. But that doesn't mean I'm going to take you away from your work. I can sit somewhere and watch you." Kylie said, walking over to him. "You don't have to be worried about choosing anything but the color of your robot." She played this off as a joke hoping he would laugh.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:44 pm

I chuckled a bit at that, then said once more, "Don't make me a promise, if you know you can't keep it." I left it more open ended than before, however.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:48 pm

Kylie huffed out a breath and tried to think of a way to convince him. Finally, she thought of something. She placed her hand on his neck and pulled him into a tender and sweet kiss.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:51 pm

I hadn't been expecting to be pulled into a kiss. Once the kiss was broken, I said, "Well...I'm...not really one for romance, not gonna lie. Never had any experience with it. Also, the whole subject is far too socially complicated for me. I prefer my creations, as you know."

OOC: This is the part where she won't accept that, I'm guessing.

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:56 pm

"Oh yeah right. You can't tell me honestly that there wasn't at least 1 girl that you liked." she said, crossing her arms again.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:00 pm

I said, "There was, once, but she saw my scars. You've seen the ones on my forehead and forearm from an accident with that giant sword, but I also have one on my back from a hellhound, and another on my leg from a gunshot. She didn't find that very nice looking, and rejected me in a very disrespectful way. When I talked to my mother about it, she told me to stick to my creations, stick to making the suit."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:02 pm

"These scars make you who you are." Kylie said, placing her hand on Derek's forearm. "Not everyone is going to like them, but I do."
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:06 pm

I said, "Well, thanks. But if we got together, I'm almost sure we would both be judged by many in the camp. That would be hell for me."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:11 pm

"You don't even socialize! Why do you suddenly care what people think?" Kylie asked.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:44 am

I responded, "Because having you around would change too much in my life. I wouldn't be able to go anywhere without someone getting in my face about you. It would be such a dramatic change."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:38 pm

Kylie frowned. "Oh I see. You're afraid of criticism." she scoffed. "How are you going to handle criticism over your toy robot?" She didn't mean to be rude, but he had hurt her feelings.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:33 pm

I was pretty damned mad when she said that and countered, "What demigod would have meaningful criticisms about a suit that could be the difference between their survival and death?" Then, in an uncharacteristic moment of clarity, I realized the problem.

I said, "Kylie...I'm sorry. My mother...she's always said I need to do something meaningful with my life, and that was my top priority. She'd be so angry with me if I let you into my life...she's the only person who's cared about me in my life. I don't want to make her mad..."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Kylie didn't look at him, she was too hurt. "Your mother shouldn't be allowed to dictate your life." Kylie snapped.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:12 pm

I started to think about it and said, "Maybe...maybe...you know what, I'll give it a try, Kylie. I'll try."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Kylie finally looked up at him slightly, a look of disbelief on her face. "I'm not trying to force you." she said
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:38 pm

I said, "No, I seriously mean it, Kylie. I just...can't lie to my mom about this. I'll just see what she does."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Kylie looked down. "I'm sorry about what I said." she told him softly.
Liberty
Liberty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaxsor Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm

I asked, "Sorry? What for? I don't think you did anything wrong, nor did I. It's just comfort zones being broken, that's all."

Jaxsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum